Lets Talk About

Let's Talk About Proposing To a Nigerian Man

15:30:00Opeyemi Famakin




So I saw a couple of pictures of women proposing to their boo’s and the first thing that popped into my head was “Awww, if only Nigerian girls could be like this and not wait for their man to start and initiate everything”. As we all know Most Nigerian girls are spoilt like that, they’d have a crush on you knowing fully well you are single and they won’t make a single move. Maybe except smile at you everytime and laugh at your dumb jokes but they wont make an obvious move and years or months laer they’d be like ‘Ope I use to have a mad crush on you tho and I was hoping you’d make a move”. If I had a kobo for everytime I heard that, No I wont be a millionaire, but id have like maybe N50-N85.

Now when I ask them why they didn’t make an obvious move they’d spit out a bullshit excuse like ‘it’s not ladylike” or ‘I was scared you’d say no and if you said yes you’d disrespect me and blablaFUCKINGbla’. So we the guys who get rejected on a regular are what, wait.. hollop hollop, did I say we? My bad, the guys who get rejected. Can’t remember the last time I walked up to a girl to toast her.

Now back to the matter at hand, though it is cute to propose to a man I wont support it. Of course I’d wish it would happen to me but who am I kidding. Here’s a fact we Nigerian guys hate to swallow, ‘WE ARE ALL DOGS, ALL OF US’, except a few SU ones or the ones who are lucky enough to have morals which is like 10%, not that we all like to cheat but shit happens and most of us have a bae and an assistant bae just incase our main bae fucks up. Even the ones who aren’t cheats now will be cheats in the nearest future. It’s just how we are, we are hunters and we love the thrill. So let’s imagine you as a girl have been dating a tall dark and kinda handsome guy (reminds me of me) for like 5 years and you decide to take a bold step and propose you might just be making a very big mistake. Why?

I’ve once had a girlfriend, ok well maybe two who thought they were my girlfriend but in reality they weren’t. Not that I was cheating on them or anything but they just weren’t my girlfriends. Though we did everything all boyfriends and girlfriends did I just knew I was wasting their time (If you’re an ex reading this you’re not the babe I’m talking about, it was the babe before u). Now lets imagine that ex proposed to me I’d fucking say No and her heart would be broken and she’d start to put up pm’s and tweet about how evil guys are and blablabla.

The point here is that you might not be your mans main Bae or even his side Bae. I know a guy in Unilag, Koko Roy final year Finance who juggled 5 girls at a go and gave them equal attention, equal love and equal dick and NONE of them had a clue. To me he was the Ultimate player, he was a master of cleaning up his tracks. He was so good that he once banged two best friends and they had no clue. Now he had this unfortunate babcock chick who was dumb enough to semi propose to him, she took him to her parents and the whole family liked him and they had already planned a wedding after he was done with Uni, and she wasn’t even his main bae or side bae, she was just a bae in Bacock uni. (The character used in this article is made up, NO ITS NOT, and there’s no one bearing KOKOO ROY in unilag finance Biz Admin, YES there is.. You might know him as Tega, Wale or Lanre and he’d tell you he’s in petrochemical engineering).

If you’re a chick, No matter how the love is shacking you and no ,matter how much you trust your man, NEVER propose to him. You can always use scopes to ask him if he has any plans to marry you or you can do what most Nigerian girls do, Nag him into proposing or get pregnant. But don’t propose because for all we know you might not even be his girlfriend, you could just be a fling he decided to give a title just to get some… if you know what I mean.

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form