@shopkonga jumia.com

Why You Should'nt Shop at Konga.com @shopkonga

14:09:00Opeyemi Famakin





If you have a Konga.com account please do yourself a favour and close it down, there’s a reason Jumia is number one and Konga is at and will remain on number two.

So Last week I ordered for an 800 Naira product on konga.com and I got it after 8days (so much for speed), I paid 500 Naira for delivery making it 1300. Basically I paid 1300 for an 800 naira product but I wont complain about it because that’s the terms and conditions. So I got what I ordered for and it was shattered so quickly I called their customer care and spent like 35 minutes on the phone telling them what happened and debating on why they should collect their broken product back and in the end they agreed to collect it back. I spent 800+ naira on credit calling them but that’s not the issue. So after they collected it back it took them 6 working days to give me the new product and after bringing it they told me I had to pay another 500 naira for delivery. So basically for an 800naira product I paid 1300 for it, and they give me a damaged product and because of their fault I have to pay another 500 naira. I didn’t collect the product, I left it with them, 1300 is chicken and chips money.. Na small shii.



This isn’t the first time konga has fucked up, I’ve bought nothing less than 7 products from them and I can boldly say that I got all my products nothing earlier than 6 working days. So let me start with this, Konga’s delivery is VERY SLOW. On Jumia if you buy any product higher than 10k the delivery is free but on konga if you buy a product worth 3million naira you will still pay that 500 naira delivery fee and if you’re as unlucky as me and they spoil your product you will pay an extra 500 naira.


So after my experience with Konga I opened the Jumia app and bought a product of theirs. I wanted to buy an infinix zero which costs 23,900 + a free pouch+ free delivery (on konga its 23900 without a pouch + 500 naira delivery making 24,400 Naira) and after placing my order within 2 hours I got a call from Jumia and within 3 days (not 8 days like konga) I got my product, No complain No wahala.
You might think this article is te article of an angry consumer, YES IT IS, but also it is laced with facts. If you think I’m lying please feel free to ask anyone who uses Jumia and ask anyone who uses konga and I can guarantee you that more people will coplain about konga and a very few number will say anything bad about Jumia.


If you’re considering shopping online for your own good do not use Konga, use jumia instead. Its because of websites like Konga that people will be complaining that shopping online is a scam and all sorts. If you’re a konga customer feel free to torture yourself by remaining there, if you wana live the good life port to Jumia and see what I’m talking about.


Disclaimer: I am not a Jumia staff paid to defame Konga, neither am I an ex konga staff trying to defame konga. I am an objective consumer who has used both jumia and konga and is writing on my experience with both. 

by Famakin Opeyemi Oluwatobi

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I ordered an Infinix Zero from Jumia last week (Tuesday) and it arrived without the promised free flip cover, which they then refused to send out - also the MTN Sim they sent was totally the wrong size - useless - wont be shopping on Jumia again. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont mind him. Anyone who has any sense or has shopped at both sites knows that the konga experiences vastly exceeds jumia. So stop your hatchet job. its obvious you are paid to do this. Konga out performs jumia in delivery speed, customer care, product quality and they are actually Nigerian. Be proud of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Konga merchant, Konga owes me thousands of Naira from as far back as last year. We suffer in silence, while Konga sits on payments. Which way Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form