Ope's Opinions random article

DOES MARRIAGE REDUCE THE BEAUTY OF THE NIGERIAN WOMAN?

16:42:00Opeyemi Famakin

There’s a popular saying that goes ‘No Man Is Ugly’, while that might be a chauvinistic thing to say it might be a bit true… at least for the Nigerian man. When most Nigerian men get hitched they still put in a bit of work in their looks and they try their best to look young and hip, if at all they’d let themselves go they’d probably have a beer belly. If we’re being real the major reason they do this is to look attractive for their side chicks (since that’s what Nigerian ladies tend to believe). The same can’t be said for their wives though.

It’s like Nigerian women have a rule that ‘once you get married you must let yourself go’. Before most women get married they put in work in looking like Diva’s that every man would want to devour and they put in mad work in their looks, but the moment they get married it reduces to the barest minimum and the popular excuse they are quick to drop is childbearing.
I’m not even talking about women putting on a bit of baby weight, I’m talking about their looks in general. When I was young I had a few older girls that I had a mad crush on and because of them I had a thing for girls older than I am. Most of them are married and they look, well, putrid is a strong word but let’s just say they’ve let themselves go. Before you say I’m using those few girls to generalise look within and look at all the women in your lives, look at them before and after they got married and you’d see what I’m talking about. I don’t expect any woman to agree with this post, you know you’re going to let yourself go when you get married so this post might trigger a few emotions.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form